gingerbread cheesecake recipe
an easy, no bake recipe
this cheesecake won't take up any precious oven time over christmas, and it can be made 2-3 days ahead of time. It’s smooth, creamy, not too sweet and has the most comforting christmassy taste.
Even non-cheesecake eaters will love this.
prep time: 25 mins | cooking time: 0 mins
make the base
1. Line the bottom of an 8 inch, loose bottomed cake tin with greaseproof paper - this makes it easiest to remove the cheesecake when serving.
2. Crush 250g of ginger cookies into fine crumbs. you can use a rolling pin or a food processor. Chef’s choice.
3. In a bowl add the ginger crumbs and 150g melted butter. mix well.
lay the foundation
4. Press the mixture into the bottom of your tin, making sure it’s level. put in the fridge to set.
get all the ingredients ready
5. prep all the ingredients for the topping. This way you can add each in while still whisking.
6. In a large bowl whisk 350g of cream cheese until smooth and soft.
7. Add in 100g dark brown sugar and mix well
make it snow
8. Mix in 100g of icing sugar and watch it snow! (tip: if using an electric blender start off slow).
9. Add in 4 teaspoons of ground ginger and 2.5 teaspoons of cinnamon
now for the liquids
10. Stir in 2 tablespoons of golden syrup.
11. Pour in 280mls of double cream
mix it up
12. whisk until nice and thick. your mixture should hold its shape and not be sloppy.
13. Pour the mixture on top of the base and smooth the top. pop back into the fridge until you are just about ready to serve. This can live in the fridge for 2-3 days.
make it fancy
14. Before serving, whip some cream and pipe onto cheesecake in any pattern which tickles your fancy.
sprinkle some magic
15. Crumble some more cookies (best crushed by hand) and sprinkle over the top.
tip: magic can happen when wearing mahabis slippers
and there you have it. a delicious, easy to make gingerbread cheesecake.
For the base:
250g ginger cookies
For the filling:
300g cream cheese
100g brown sugar
100g icing sugar (powdered sugar)
280ml double cream
4 teaspoons ground ginger
2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons golden syrup
For decoration (optional):
Crushed ginger cookies (approx 5)
a pair of mahabis slippers to avoid slipping on the light sprinkling of icing sugar your floor might get
it's like a mouthful of christmas